August 12, 2008

Does anyone know how much it costs for an ambulence ride?

I don't but I will tell you when we get the bill!!! So Friday the 1st I was holding Abby and being inspired by the Olympics, she decided to dismount from my arms. Well her landing was not a perfect 10! She fell and broke her leg! You couldn't tell just by looking at her so I held her and tried to get her to sleep, thinking she was just shocked. After awhile that didn't work so I called my doctor and brought her in. They couldn't tell if anything was wrong but poor Abby kept on crying. SO along comes the ambulence and brought Abby and I to primary children's for x-rays. Adam was at his friend's house in bountiful so he just met us up there. It took forever... after like a million x-rays we finally found a break on her left femur. We were so lucky to have my dad and brother come up to the hospital to help give Abby a blessing. Let me tell you, it was a sight for sore eyes seeing my dad and brother come into the hospital room dressed in their shirts and ties to give her a blessing! I am so grateful to have the priesthood in my life and in my daughter's! So Adam, my dad, and my brother Chris gave her a blessing. Soon after Adam's parents came up too. What a night, that finally ended around midnight. Thanks to my mom too for spending the night with us watching Abby so Adam and I could get some sleep! SO she is in her splint now and tomorrow she goes in for her cast. (I am hoping for a pink one!) Then she will wear that for around 6 weeks or so. She is doing great though and is moving around like the cast isn't even there! Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive through this.

5 comments:

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

I am so sorry to hear about sweet little Abby. I hope she gets better soon. Riley's ambulence ride was about $700 so good luck with that. She is such a cutie, how are you surviving all the drama? Best wishes.

ariannet said...

Oh how sad, Michelle! Poor little girl! I hope she is feeling better.

Annie

Shannon Martin said...

Poor girl! I am glad that she is okay, and I have to agree with you as a mom I have been grateful that at a drop of the hat I have many people that can assist in a blessing, especially my husband.
FYI, I had an ambulance ride when I was in college. Because it wasn't a car wreck etc IHC covered the whole ride 100%. Cross your fingers.
Also what even was it during, can we expect to see Abby in future olympics, maybe gymnastics?!

Josh & Michelle said...

Hey Michelle- How are you guys! I heard rumor that you had a blog and wanted to get in touch. Poor little Abby what a mess, at least she is not old enough to remember the trauma of that experience! Poor you and Adam though, trust me I know how much hospital bills are and I can only imagine the stress and worry that you go through. Hope all is well I would love to stay in touch. I should be in UT in Sept and would love to see the little one in person since we missed you last year. take care

emily a. said...

Poor thing. It must've just broken your heart to see her in that pain. I can only imagine- I balled like a baby yesterday when Sage got a shot at the dr's. Your baby girl is so cute- a good mix of you and Adam.