August 21, 2008

Miracles happen!


(Not sure how to rotate this picture sorry!)


Just 20 days after our little Abigail broke her femur, she has completely healed and is now free of her splint! Last Wednesday when I went to take her in to get the hard cast on the doctor said that she was healing really well and that if we could stand her splint one more week then we could take it off and be done! Well somehow we were able to manage the smell of urine (sorry but its true, the splint wrapped her whole leg and up around her tummy so it smelled!) and it paid off! Wednesday the 20th it came off for good! Abby is so traumatized by all this that the second the doctor even came in she started screaming. She screamed the whole time the doctor took it off and didn't stop until I was holding her on the way out the door. She has been so happy without it! She just keeps laughing and jabbering and rubbing her little legs together. We have been so lucky and blessed that this was not an 8 week ordeal! Here are some cute pictures I found! (Oh... side note, no bill from the ambulence ride yet but the emergency bills alone are enough to make me gag! Oh well, I am just grateful she is okay!)




Abby's new thing is to switch binkis at nap time




Here she is with Adam reading. She loves stories!



Does anyone have an oompa loompa costume for halloween?



With Grandma Terry




Another cute one with Daddy!





5 comments:

Henderson said...

She's so adorable! I am glad that everything is okay. What a trooper. Isn't it amazing how fast kids heal?

Kara said...

That is so awesome!! I bet you are so glad that is all over with!! She's getting so big!! Before you know it she's going to take off running now.

Angie said...

YAY! I'm so glad she got it off. For your sake and hers. What a cutie. I can't believe how many teeth she has. I'm starting to think that Jackson isn't going to have any

Jesse said...

Michelle! Long time no see! I have never seen pictures of your beautiful baby! She is such a gorgeous girl! I can't believe how time flies. I hope all is well.
Jesse

Anonymous said...

Tell Abby Happy Belated Birthday from all of us!:)